Email marketing: how to win new customers and retain them by sending emails?
Email marketing is one of the best ways to appeal to your audience and get them to visit your website.
It helps you market your products and services with the use of the email channel with the best chances for making a profit & reaching your goals.
Your website visitors, email, mobile subscribers and those who have connected with you on social media will appreciate your messages even more if they’re personalized.
Get their permission to use it. Once you receive permission the next step is personalization and building of data around the consumer.
Presenting an appealing email marketing message is very important!
Content email marketing is a great tool that you should learn to use regardless of what kind of a business you run. When you use it well, people will start to see you as a trusted source, which makes them more likely to buy what you sell.
What are the benefits of email marketing for your business?
Email marketing or email marketing is a very effective way to acquire new customers. It consists of designing and planning the sending of e-mails to maintain customer relations, prospect, retain or sell.
Sending emails with your mailbox is not a practice compatible with email marketing
If it is technically possible to launch an emailing campaign from your mailboxes, this practice (not recommended) is not comparable to email marketing. Mailboxes are not suitable: your messages, if they are sent in bulk, risk being classified in the spam messages of your recipients, which may also have an impact on the ranking of your domain name. In addition, traditional messaging systems impose daily limits on sending emails. Finally, you will not have access to any statistics on the behavior of your recipients (opening rate, clicks, etc.).
The benefits of email marketing
An active part of the commercial strategy, emailing has many advantages. Thre are many benefits, for examples:
- It is very effective in retaining and acquiring new customers, and very profitable:
- The average email marketing ROI is quite good;
- Launching an emailing campaign is easy: by centralizing the management of your campaigns on a single tool, designing and sending your emails to your contacts or separate groups of contacts is accessible to everyone.
- The shipments are fast, the answers too.
- Email marketing allows for precise targeting, and messages are customizable.
Measuring the effectiveness of your emailing campaigns gives you information about your customers: who is interested and what – by analyzing the clicks made on your messages, at what time are your emails consulted, what responses do you receive?
The virtuous effects of GDPR on email marketing
To comply with the personal data protection framework, the GDPR, emailing campaigns have been adapted. If a few years ago, we could send messages in a massive way to more or less targeted contacts, it is now necessary the consent of the recipient to send him a message and allow him to easily unsubscribe if he wishes. These constraints have given rise to new challenges:
- Better target its recipients.
- Offer relevant and quality information.
Adopt the type of email adapted to your objectives
If the emailing has a commercial purpose, it can for example be used to promote an offer or an event, the newsletter or newsletter does not have the same objective, it aims to inform and retain your customers.
Sales, loyalty, customer relations…, before you start, you must therefore define your objectives.
There are different types of campaigns to reach them:
- To inform and maintain contact with your customers: newsletters or newsletters.
- To promote your products and services: prospecting and direct sales campaigns, invitation campaigns to an event; follow-up emails encouraging additional purchases, offering preferential services or promotions.
- To retain and support your customers: so-called transactional emails that accompany the customer in his purchase (creation of an account, abandonment of basket, delivery in progress, etc.); customer relationship follow-up emails: welcome, thank you.
- To improve your services: satisfaction surveys.
Emailing: instructions on how to do it
1. Use a quality customer file for your mailings.
To create a first list of contacts you can use several methods simultaneously, the idea being to collect as many email addresses as possible:
- Ask your customers for their contact details at your point of sale or at trade fairs in order to offer them promotions, invite them to events or offer them a loyalty card.
- Encourage Internet users to subscribe to your newsletter by clicking on a link located on your website.
- Offer those who consult your site the benefit of free resources (infographics, digital book, invitations, contests, etc.) in exchange for their email.
- Exchange with your subscribers on social networks to collect their email.
To legally collect the email addresses of your prospects, in order to send them messages, obtaining their explicit agreement is mandatory, it is the opt-in technique.
2. Segment your mailings by distinguishing different targets
Targeting each of your campaigns will allow you to get a much better return on investment and avoid saturating your prospects or customers with unnecessary emails, which would harm your business.
Two main approaches are possible to segment the targets of your emailing campaigns:
- Use the recipient’s situation in their customer journey: prospect, customer, ambassador… to provide them with answers or suitable solutions, with regard to the conversion funnel you have defined.
- Use the typical profile of the recipient or buyer persona: his socio-professional category, his gender, his centers of interest, his location… to respond to the concerns of your ideal client.
3. Choose software to manage your email campaigns
Many tools exist to design, plan and measure the results of your emailing campaigns.
They aim to:
- Centralize and simplify the management of your emails.
- Facilitate sending to different lists.
- Guide you in designing your messages using pre-established templates.
- Collect data to analyze the behavior of recipients (opening of emails, clicks, unsubscriptions, etc.).
Examples of emailng softwares
- Sendinblue is ideal for beginners. In its free version, this French tool allows you to send up to 300 emails per day to an unlimited contact list. Paid features go beyond email campaign management. They offer the possibility of sending SMS campaigns, managing forms, etc.
- Mailjet (pay as you grow) although it also offers other features, is an interesting tool if you have an e-commerce site, to test and send purchase or event confirmation emails. It allows you to send 6000 emails per month for free for an unlimited contact list.
Find out more about different free email campaign management tools: Best Free Email Marketing Software Without Ads and Methods to collect more emails | The Unstoppable Techniques
Email marketing can be a powerful tool for driving traffic to your website. Here are some examples of how to get your audience to visit your website through email marketing
Email marketing can be a powerful tool for driving traffic to your website. Here are some examples of how to get your audience to visit your website through email marketing:
Include links to your website in your email
Make sure to include links to your website in your email, whether it’s in the body of the email or in your email signature. For example, if you’re promoting a new product, include a link to the product page on your website so that your subscribers can easily find and learn more about it.
Offer exclusive content
Offer exclusive content on your website that can only be accessed through a link in your email. For example, if you run a blog, offer a free e-book or whitepaper that can only be downloaded by clicking a link in your email. This will encourage subscribers to visit your website to access the content.
Use a call-to-action (CTA)
Use a clear and compelling call-to-action (CTA) in your email that directs subscribers to your website. For example, if you’re promoting a sale on your website, include a CTA that says “Shop now” or “Save 20% today” that leads directly to your website.
Personalize your emails
Personalize your emails with the subscriber’s name and other relevant information, such as their past purchases or interests. This will make them feel more connected to your brand and more likely to visit your website. For example, if you’re promoting a new product that is relevant to a subscriber’s past purchases, include that information in your email and encourage them to visit your website to learn more.
Use social proof
Use social proof, such as customer reviews or testimonials, in your email to encourage subscribers to visit your website. For example, if you’re promoting a new product, include a testimonial from a satisfied customer that highlights the benefits of the product and encourages subscribers to visit your website to learn more.
Ready to get started?
Are you a consultant? How we can help you with Merger Acquisition Consultant? Please hit the let’s get in touch button to contact us.